Because, sometimes a sprinkler system’s worst enemy is water . . . the frozen kind, that is. Your Dry Sprinkler Systems need extra protection as the winter freeze weather approaches. We at Century Fire Protection are always here for you but there is something that you do to help.
In order to prevent freeze damage in the cold months the following procedures will need to take place at least monthly (weekly would be better!):
- Locate the Drum Drips on your Dry Systems
- Close top valve on drum drip.
- Slowly open bottom valve on drum drip to allow all condensation to drain system.
- Close bottom valve on the drum drip.
- Slowly open top valve on drum drip to allow all condensation to drain system.
- Repeat process as needed.
** Never should both valves be open at the same time **
Have further questions? We are here for you - contact us here.